panelview plus question

stu

Hi I have a question,
I have a project that I would like to put a password on I have set up a user eng and entered a password ,put a login button on the screen changed display which I would like password protected , but when I test application and logged in it said I died have access and ideas thanks

After you create a User, you go into the Runtime Security configuration in FactoryTalk View Studio and select which security level (A, B, C, etc) each User has.

Security generally applies to a Goto Display button. Is that what you created and tested ?

The FactoryTalk Diagnostics log is very helpful in diagnosing permissions and user login history.

Hi Stu,
From memory you just go to "users and groups" and expand the dropdown. Here you see "user". Highlight this right click and choose "Add New". Choose the new user name and password and Don't Forget to Click box "Password never Expires". Click OK and Exit.

Then go to system and expand the dropdown, click Runtime security. Choose show all users and choose your new user "Eng" and set the access levels that you require for each display by clicking the boxes. Close and save and you should be done.

From what you describe you have carried out this process but did you remember to click password never expires checkbox?

Regards,
Donnacha

You "tested" the application? I'd create the runtime, transfer it and run it to test it.

If it does look like you aren't logged in, you might look at your Project Settings and see if the "Enable auto logout" is checked and if so, what the Inactivity Period setting is. You may be getting logged out, almost as soon as you log in?

Hi guys I have another problem I have adjusted the PvP screen and made sure the runtime ect is setup when I try to create a runtime it comes up with " unable to save rslinx enterprise data server info ? Any ideas

Last edited:
Got the software working , after hours of fun I deleted rslinx enterprise for the second time and re installed all working again thanks for your help guys