Where are the tags Logix5000

showshocka

I finally got this project from the engineer so that I can do my Edits for the install. After he has procrastinated for months to give it to me. My`question is, have these input and output tags, or the tags in general been seemingly purposely removed and or optioned out? I have never seen this setup? All the other tags for timers, counters, bits have descriptions, but throughout the whole program I don't see any addresses for the tags, which makes it harder for me to know whats being used and whats not.

line4 no addresses.jpg line4 inputs ans outs2.jpg line4 inputs and outputs.jpg

It looks like you are looking In controller tags , look in program tag , also if you hover over the tag it tells u where the tag is?

Just looked on my computer , if you look on the LHS there is main task then a drop down which said program tags click on there and you will see all the tags.
Or right click the tag name then click monitor?

Last edited:
Try going to the Tools menu and selecting options. In the Categories, select
Ladder Editor > Display.

There will be a section called Instruction Display. In there is an option "Show Tag Alias Information" It's probably not checked. Check it and see what happens.

Should show them then if they are controller tags or program tags.

Are these alias tags? No one programs directly with the I/O tags. They create an alias tag to the I/O tag. There is a display option that will show you the base tag information on the screen as well as the alias tag.

if you look on the LHS there is main task then a drop down which said program tags click on there and you will see all the tags.

Already tried that, nothing. Like I have mentioned, I proceed through all of my 5000 projects the same way. I'm thinking that I just got a bum file giving to me.

no tagsline4.jpg

There is a display option that will show you the base tag information on the screen as well as the alias tag.

Already tried that, nothing. Like I have mentioned, I proceed through all of my 5000 projects the same way. I'm thinking that I just got a bum file giving to me.

stillnoline4 tags.jpg

What is up above the "lubricationcyclecomplete" tag? looks to me like it's full of tags, judging by the size of the scroll bar on the right.

Edit:
A bunch of posts seem to have disappeared, I could have sworn there were 2-3 between my last two.

Last edited:
Maybe all the tags are there, but no one has created the aliases to these. So they appear to be just "logic" tags.

My apologies we always seem to call them addresses, I actually meant I/O's. I can't see any of the I/O IE... I_1.6, O_7.8, along with the tags. Also similar thing when it comes to tags of the counters timers ect

stillnoline4 tags.jpg

I think you are just not understanding the Tag based 5000 system completely.

For a counter, there is nothing other than the Tag defined as a counter data type, same with a Timer, Bit, INT, etc.

For physical I/O, you get those tags you are looking at right now, "Local 11:I" if you click the "+" you will see a "Data" value, and click the "+" on that you will see the individual Inputs.

Most of the time you create a tag and alias it to the "Local:11:I.Data.1" or something similar, making that tag now have the value in Data.1. You could also directly use the Local: tag in the instruction but that's a bit sloppy I think.

My syntax may be a little off, but that's the rough idea.

Once again my apologizes, I'm still working on my terminology. I'll just stick to I/O's for now. I don't see them. I'm not a whiz yet, but I work with this everyday. I know it shouldn't be that hard for me to figure out why not....here's an example of the last 5000 upgrade, before I came onboard.

So what was done so differently with this new project as compared to the this other 1 and the other 7 that's like my examples?tagsexample.jpg

linetagexample.jpg

Last edited: