PanelBuilder32 Communications

bright676

I am having problems getting my panelview 1000 to communicate with my slc 500, 5/04. I can load programs from my lap top to the pv 1000 but I am having problems getting the pv to communicate with my slc.

Does any one know of any good videos I can buy or free that will help me set up communications for my pv to my slc 500?

Your PV supports DH+ protocol. See PDF below for how to connect them together.

Baud rates for the PV and SLC must be the same, node addresses must be different.

Note termination resistors on both ends of the network. ( 150 ohms at 57.6kb and 82 ohms at 115.2 /230.4kb baud rates)

Last edited:
This is weird now. I was checking the baud rate of my SLC and when doing auto config in RsLinx it is comes up as 1200. In the past it was 19200. I manually set the baud to 57.6 and it would not work. Why would this change?

I just checked the channel config of the slc program I want to add the pv 1000 to and under channel one-system it says 57.6.

The pv 1000 in config mode - communication set up it say node 2 baud is 57.6.

I think I need a little more guidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what does the resistor do?

Last edited:
1200 is the default for the DF1 serial port
57.6 is the default for the DH+ port

In the Panel View when you set the node number in the for the "tag" for the PLC it must match the node set in the PLC.

Would that be in the tag editor?

No
First you setup the PV's communcation. It's node address and baud rate and give the node a name. See picture below.
Then create a tag in the tag editor, name it and tell it which node on the DH+ network to get the info from also the address in the SLC. See picture.

How are you connecting the PV to your SLC5/04?

FYI, the SLC5/04's serial port should default to 19200 baud rate if it's at 1200 then someone change it. But that has nothing to do with the PV communication.

PVCommsetup.png Tagsetup.png

Last edited:
Receipt

It is it possible to send a receipt with multiple lines of variable data to a serial printer on a t10c3 firmware 4.XX terminal?

I am able to send just 1 line

Just thought it was a good idea to talk about this on this thread.

Last edited:
Yes, added the resistor and found a sample ladder program and pv program to get it going. Now I can experiment at home with it.

Thank you for the help.