DL06 Comm to Keyence EP1 Unit - Help

samu

Hello,
I have a DL06 with a D0-Ecom100 card connected to a Keyence IL1000 Laser measurement device through a DL-EP1 ethernet comm module. Also connected is a C-more 6" touch panel. Talking to the touch panel fine but not really sure how to talk to the Keyence unit. I want to pull the current distance measurement from the IL unit and bring it into a register into the PLC.

Looks like I need to use Mwx instructions but not sure about addressing or how to make up the messages.

Has anyone done this? Any help is appreciated.
IP's are
192.168.100.205 cmore
.6 PLC
.99 DL-EP1

Thx,
sam

It seems to me that you would have to send the analog input address for the Keyence IL1000 Laser Measurement Device to the DL-06 PLC.

Samu first posted on the AD site. The EP-1 unit is a network collector from a multiple of analog sensors. The problem appears to be that it doesn't support any Ethernet protocols available in the DL06 ECOM100 Ethernet adapter. I suggested he come here because (even though I've never seen Phil answer anything before) he is a Keyence guy (in his real-world job).

Well I learned a lot today. But the issue I'm having is the
Automation Direct PLC comm commands seem to be set up to read or write to memory locations of a slave device . . .
And the Keyence wants specific codes sent and then it returns the data. Keyence has a good example using AB EEM message but I don't see anything in Automation Direct that can simulate that message.

So . . . we'll see if either of them can help tomorrow.

Regards,
Sam

Thanks All

I learned the answer. The Keyence device is Ethernet/IP, the Allen Bradley protocol, not Modbus/tcp as I was originally informed. Thus it will not work. Back to the low tech solution.

Regards,
Sam

Hi all.

First I would like to wish you happy new year 2014.

I have also question regarding to Keyence DL-EP1 ethernet IP communication unit. Has anyone tried to communicate with the device with Siemens PLC? I am not sure how to talk with the unit?
I am thinking going back to serial 232 communication which I experienced in the past.

I would appreciate if anyone has experiences with ethernet IP communication between Siemens PLC and Keyence DL-EP1.

Best regards,

petek

I have no experience with Siemens equipment. However the Ethernet/IP protocol the Keyence unit uses is Allen Bradley specific. I expect you would need to add a device to change protocols for it to work and this would add $$$. If you can use serial it would be more cost effective.

Regards