Device Net Help needed.......

JoseM

I have this problem and I'm hoping somebody has an idea of what I can do.

Here is the situation. I have a control panel that has 13 VFD' (160 SSC) that are connected on a DeviceNet network. There is no way of knowing what the "Node address" is for anyone of those drives. No labels on the wiring, inside the panel, or on the drive itself.

When I read the "DeviceNet" network and the network gets created on RSNetworx, the description for the drives are exactly the same for all the drives.

Do you guys know a way that I can use to identify the "Node Address" for everyone of the drives inside of this control panel.

Thank you Eric, I appreciate your quick help. So if I powered the panel down and remove the front face of the VFD, I should be able to see the binary equivalent to the node address set by the dip switches.

I've never used one of these, but the last page of chapter 3 explains how to pop off the module. Seems easy enough.

FYI... Based on what I read in the manual, if you find switches 7 and 8 both ON, then it uses the value in parameter P18 as the node address instead of the DIP switch settings.

🍻

-Eric