PanelView serial printer multi-line application

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This topic came up in a related thread, and I'm unilaterally moving it to a new thread. Forum etiquette aside, that thread was for an OP who was starting to understand the basics of SLC-500 and PanelView port configurations, and this is a moderately advanced PanelView application question.

The original post (new topic at Post #10, user Caveman): http://plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=77606
The original question:

It is it possible to send a receipt with multiple lines of variable data to a serial printer on a t10c3 firmware 4.XX terminal?

I am able to send just 1 line

I'm not an expert on serial printing with the PanelView Standard terminals, but I've used it a little in the past.

Are you using a Print-Only object, or an Alarm for which the Print box has been checked ?

How many lines are you planning to send ? Does the printer require both Carriage Return and Line Feed characters, or just one of the two ?