Panel view 600

hmpradeep1

Hi,
I would like to download the program from PV600 to my pc. On the RSLinx it is showing online. I am using FT view Studio but I cant make communication with the screen to download the info. Any one please suggest me.

regards

Is the HMI a Panelview? Or A Panelview Plus? The part number will show a P after the 4 four characters, like 2711P verses 2711.

If its a Panelview then the software you need is Panelbuilder 32.

Hi, thanks for the reply, the details are, 2711- T6C1L1 SER:B REV:C FRN: 4,43,

On the front its printed Panel View 600.

Is the HMI a Panelview? Or A Panelview Plus? The part number will show a P after the 4 four characters, like 2711P verses 2711.

If its a Panelview then the software you need is Panelbuilder 32.

As jstolaruk pointed out you will need Panelbuilder 32 software for that PV to program it or view it's program.

Contact your local AB repr. if you don't have this software.

FYI in the AB world download is from the computer to the PV, upload is from the PV to your computer.

Last edited:
Thanks, This means FTview studio is only works on PV plus.

As jstolaruk pointed out you will need Panelbuilder 32 software for that PV to program it or view it's program.

Contact your local AB repr. if you don't have this software.

FYI in the AB world download is from the computer to the PV, upload is from the PV to your computer.

Comunication with panelbuilder 32

Hello, could you help me please.
I am doing now first steps with Allen-Bradley PLC, particular with panelbuilder 32. I have old panelView 600. (touch only)
I made acording manual comunication cable RS232. (conect pin 2,3,5,7,8, RS232 printer) with serial port on my PC (pins 2,3,5,7,8,)
But still no comunication, I have instaled RSlinx too.
I don´t know where can be problem, I have set baut rate, parity. but no progress. :(:(
What I did bad???

Its 2711-T6C9L1 SER B REV A black PanelView 600

Your PV supports DH485 protocol. The printer port is configured for a printer and cannot be changed on a DH485 PV.

The RS232 port used for communication is configured for DH485 protocol, you will have to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx with a straight thru cable. You will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver. If you don't have a real serial port on your PC then the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) will work. Or a memory card to load/upload the PV's program.

If using the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver the node addresses for the PV and PC must be different, baud rates must be the same.

I create 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RS linx.
I see in panelBuilder 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver now,
It is trying browsing node from 0 to 31 but no found.
I have baut rate 9600 node on PV2 in PC0
I solder my cable and it is straight cable from RS232 from my PC to RS232 Com on panel now.
Still no comunication, for me is only one way, through RS 232 port because I have no memory card.

Are you sure about the baud of your PV,default is 19200? How do you know this?

Do you have the program for the PV and can you post it? Zip it first if you can.

hmm Is not easy to comunicate it:(

I set baud rate to 19200 same as default now, and set this rate on my RS232 port in PC too.

I´m afreid, I have not old programme, This is the reason why I want to comunicate it.
I need clear old programme, and then to load new my own programme.

I use communication port.

Thank you for help,
I am continue tomorow.

I have old panelView 600

Where did this PV come from? Was/is it a working unit?

FYI, if and when you get connected in the AB world.
Download =From PC to PV
Upload =To PC from PV

Last edited:
Hello,
It is writing me error 2158 (drive name is invalid)

after first start,,, fatal error with initialing PIC device driver
I create new PIC driver, and it browsing node, but no found... :(

I using upload, panel shoud be at 99% function