Siemens Step 7 training setup

pingjockey

Hello everyone,

I am an electronics tech working offshore in the oil and gas industry and I am very very new to PLCs. I have had no formal training on them as of yet but have picked up some very very basic knowledge of them and have actually successfully troubleshot some issues with them.

We Run with Siemens Step 7 PLCs and associated A/O, A/I, D/I, D/O etc... Our entire department is not very trained in PLCs with the exception of a few select individuals. While they provide us OJT it is not the ideal situation.

We are trying to set up a training setup so that we can practice programming and basically learn as much as we can about the systems. What I am looking for is some suggestions on a good way to set up a mini system in our workshop that is controlled by a PLC so that we can learn how to build it, troubleshoot it, and program it to different things.

Here is a list of what we have available. Siemens S7-300 CPU, AO 4x12 Bit Card, AI 8x14 Bit Card, and a DI8/DO8 x24vdc card. Various switches, LEDs, and other electronic nick nacks lying around.

Any help you could give me I would really appreciate.

Thank you,

Pingjockey

TL;DR I need help with ideas for setting up a PLC training lab.

To get the bacis try this page:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...download_training_material/Pages/Default.aspx
Here (in Training Curriculum Download) you will find a variety of exercises from Siemens and is available for both STEP 7 (classic modules) and TIA portal.

To build your own test exercises start by looking at what things you encounter in everyday life and take based on these things. In this way you can practice the things that occur in everyday life and can be better at this