Twincat hexadecimal string conversion

allemel

Hi,

i want to convert a hexadecimal string like 'FFFFFD0E' to integer. i know it equals -754. but i can not convert it in twincat. i can do it in .net easily(convert.int32) but i can not find how to do with twincat. there is a function dword_to_hexstr but i can not find any hexstr_to_dword function or something does the same thing. Is there anyone knows how can it be done. Thanks.

answer:
DWORD_TO_DINT
it is a conversion
when pressing F2 it is in a long list of type conversions.
because you have a dword you will need a dint to get the full range
after this you can convert to real.

I use the following code to convert a string to a integer:

nStringLength := LEN (File.Data[10]);
nStringLengthMinus := nStringLength-1;
MachineParams.nClampTime := STRING_TO_DINT(LEFT (File.Data[10], nStringLengthMinus ));

i found the solution

sHex02 := CONCAT('16#','FFFFFD0E');
iDInt := STRING_TO_DINT(sHex02);

it works. thanks for your help