Data matrix reader configuration

Sparky

What kind/brand of 2D data matrix readers are the easiest to set up and communicate with CompactLogix PLC?
I'm looking to install and setup multiple vision scanners. They will need to send their data to the PLC. I'm looking at Cognex, Wasp and adaptascan readers. I am hoping to communicate via ethernet. one of the PLCs will have 3 scanners communicating with it.

THX guys.

I've successfully used Cognex with their Ethernet/IP interface - but had a miserable time with the trigger bit working over Ethernet (inconsistent). Talked to other integrators and they confirmed, best to use the h/w trigger input.

OK that will work with all but 4 of the scanners. Those 4 are triggered only after data is compared and verified through FT transaction mamger. I will look into maybe setting up a h/w trigger for them.
How easy was it to bring in the data and manipulate it through the PLC, with the Cognex? I need to get the data breakit apart use three different data sets that are ussed differently by the PLC and FT transaction manager.

In the Cognex program, you map data into the output words that at appear in the CLX input space "InspectionResults". "InspectionResults" is an array of (4) DINTS so that may be a consideration when choosing. (A multiplexing scheme can be created for getting more data over, different topic). There are also control & status word bits/words for controlling and monitoring the camera. I think they did a pretty good job.

(I'm not associated with Cognex, just relaying my experience with them)