Crimson 3 database for PAXI's & PAXP's on RS485

amitpanvekar

Hi Guys,

In my current project five PAXI's and five PAXP's connected using RS485 to G308 HMI. I have given an unique address to each device. I have created crimson database in which under RS485-Comms Port in Communication DEV1 to DEV8 (for each PAXI and PAXP).

But I don't understand that what to put in the entry box attached in this post for each device during the time of Data Tag definition?

In other Project, DSPSX has the RS232 input from GPS receiver which transmits ASCII string to DSPSX. I managed to get the string and parse the string to extract the information needed. But the question is that How to display all the information of DSPSX (who has many Data tags contains the information extracted from the GPS string) on the G3 via ethernet ?

Your help is appreciated.

cheers

Data_tag_creation.JPG

Hi Guys,

In my current project five PAXI's and five PAXP's connected using RS485 to G308 HMI. I have given an unique address to each device. I have created crimson database in which under RS485-Comms Port in Communication DEV1 to DEV8 (for each PAXI and PAXP).

But I don't understand that what to put in the entry box attached in this post for each device during the time of Data Tag definition?

In other Project, DSPSX has the RS232 input from GPS receiver which transmits ASCII string to DSPSX. I managed to get the string and parse the string to extract the information needed. But the question is that How to display all the information of DSPSX (who has many Data tags contains the information extracted from the GPS string) on the G3 via ethernet ?

Your help is appreciated.

cheers

What are the data types of the Data Tags you want to see in the DSPSX?

In the first project, the data tags for the PAXI and PAXP meters(connected to G308 directly) are Numeric.

while in the second one, DSPSX has data tags are strings and numeric .

Cheers
Amit

In the first project, the data tags for the PAXI and PAXP meters(connected to G308 directly) are Numeric.

Cheers
Amit

Let me come back to the DSPSX, which comms cards are installed in the PAX units?

Cheers
Amit

The two ways I think you could pull data from the DSPSX would be using TCP Raw Ports, but an easier way might be to use the OPC Proxy.

Enable it on the DSPSX under Services.

On the G308 add Network Protocol and make it OPC TCP/IP Master and enter the IP Accress of the DSPSX.

Under Device Address Space, choose the Crimson 3.0 File for the DSPSX. Then when you add a tag and set the source to the DSPSX, you can pick from a list of tags in the DSPSX.

Thanks for kind information.

Could you tell what should I write in the entry box attached in POST-1. I came across this window during the numeric data tag creation for PAXI and PAXP meters at the Data Source.

Cheers
Amit

I am using the Red Lion RLC Instrument as a driver. How could I use the Modbus RTU as I am using RS485 card(PAXCDC10).

According to the Manual, the card can be configured for Modbus RTU. Tis is done under MODULE 7 (on the PAXI).

The manual isn't as clear about whether or not you can set the PAXP to Modbus RTU.

I'm sure you could make it work with RLC Protocol, I just like Modbus because it is a standard.

It is just a matter of finding the Comms Manual.

Thanks.

Still I have doubt about this field entry for each meter. The datasheet doesn't explain the information I am looking for. Anyways, Thanks for your valuable time for looking and solving most of the problem I had.

Have a great afternoon.

cheers
Amit

Thanks.

Still I have doubt about this field entry for each meter. The datasheet doesn't explain the information I am looking for. Anyways, Thanks for your valuable time for looking and solving most of the problem I had.

Have a great afternoon.

cheers
Amit

What points in the PAX are you looking for? The manual seems fairly clear.

When I am creating the data tag for Paxi and Paxp, the. In the data source option, the crimson asking me to enter the address identifier , I thought to enter the address of the meter but it is not taking numerical input as a address. The. I tried A for Paxp and then D for Paxi, the response on the g3 is garbage value

When I am creating the data tag for Paxi and Paxp, the. In the data source option, the crimson asking me to enter the address identifier , I thought to enter the address of the meter but it is not taking numerical input as a address. The. I tried A for Paxp and then D for Paxi, the response on the g3 is garbage value

Are the RLC Port setting correct (baud rate, etc)?

Did you set up the devices properly in the communications setup?

You should have added two devices and that is where you set up the Drop numbers so that it knows which PAX has the data.

Do you actually have comms to both devices?

To read the Input Value, I would enter either A or A1 in the tag definition.

Also, make sure that the PAXI is configured for RLC communications rather than Modbus

Last edited: