rs linx and windows eight

joewey

Hi all, I am a novice and need a little bit more help than whats at offer, recently bought new laptop with windows 8, downloaded RSLinx and can not install, could someone please give me some step by step instructions on how to disable and enable things , so I can get it to work. thanks

I have no solution to offer, and I really don't mean to be snarky, but the first thing that I'd do in your situation is to install Windows 7 on my laptop.

Best of luck...

I'm sure it will be an adventure! ;)

I have no solution to offer, and I really don't mean to be snarky, but the first thing that I'd do in your situation is to install Windows 7 on my laptop.

Best of luck...

I'm sure it will be an adventure! ;)
Windows 7 has XPMode, I bet Windows 8 has it too, or maybe Win7Mode?

Good luck with your comms if you're going to run in a VM.

My understanding is that Win 8 is basically just Win 7 with the Metro GUI pasted onto it so that MS can compete with Apple in the tablet market. That said, even Win 7 needs a fair amount of de-configuring of "security" measures in order to make it functional in a control system environment.