Autocad Loop Drawings

NOTREDAVE

Hello all,

I am looking for an Autocad template or blocks with Allen Bradley PLC 5 (1771 series) of DI, DO, AI and AO field wiring. I have some loops to draw and once I get from field device to marshalling terminal strips, I get stuck on what and how much to show on the PLC side of loop. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for FBM's (not sure they are called that) for 1771-IAD, 1171-OAD, 1771-IL, and not sure ofr the Analog Output model number, but same family. I am looking for what to show, wiring wise after I hit the marshalling rack. Thanks again!

David

It depends on the purpose of your drawing. Any drawing should only show what is necessary and very little else. For a schematic, show the logic from where it starts to where it ends. For connection diagrams, show where field wires have to be connected by electricians to devices, from start to finish. I have some sample SLC 5/03 Input connection diagrams if that would help.

Unless you focus on the purpose of your drawing, what it will be used for, who wil need to know what, then you will probably put information on there that is not needed, and leave off things that are needed.

Here is an AutoCAD wiring connection diagram drawing for a PLC control panel.

Here is a schematic wiring diagram of the module Inputs for a SLC 5/03.

Last edited: