Siemens ProTool Alarm Problems...

qee

Hello All,

I've been using ProTool for an application in an OP270 Operator Interface and have used the "message view" object to display alarms.

The problem I have is that the alarm page where I use the message view only shows current alarms.
Therefore does anyone know a way of showing the alarm history with a message view object?

What I'm trying to do is show current and past alarms on one page.
Is this possible?, if so how?

Please help
Thanks.

Not too familiar with the Siemens family of HMI's yet, but did a job recently using 2 MP370 15" Touch units. I was amazed (and disappointed) to find that after spending over £3000 per unit, you couldn't save/archive any alarm messages as standard, unless you purchased some form of memory device for the MP's (you need to define a destination path to save alarms for displaying as History).

Don't know if this points you in the right direction.

Regards.

You just select message event and select only Alarm messages in the message view properties. Then previous alarm messages from the buffer will be displayed in the messageview window.

Thanks Bratt that worked a treat!

However now the alarm history is displayed as well as the active alarms, do you know how many current and old alarms will be displayed on the screen at once? Will it clear the oldest automatically after a certain amount of messages/time? or do I have to manually clear them from time to time? If so, how?

Thanks again for your help
If you or anyone can help further then please feel free to comment.

Thanks, qee.

Last edited:
All the messages is stored in the buffer of the panel. If you want to store more messages or control the way the messages is stored you have to create an archive but then a memorycard is needed.

Cut from the Protool helpfile.

A message buffer is a memory area in the main memory of the operating unit in which message events are stored in chronological order. The message buffer is a FIFO buffer of a given size and is not configured.
The size of the message buffer depends on the device

You can however clear the buffer if you assign the function.
Messages--> Clear_Message_Buffer
to a button or somthing else.

Hello Kulkarniy2k.

Are you asking for or offering help ?

I also dont think you should have to pay for, or expect to be paid for exchanging help on the forum.

Hi again kulkarniy2k.

No need to be sorry. I think that qee got his problem solved in 2004 when this thread was started.
Thats why I wondered if you were in trouble at the moment and needed help.