Help Add analog input Logix 5000

jcperdue

I really need help. Does anyone have a procedure written up for adding a 4-20ma analog input in logix5000 I don't need to control anything with it. I just need to monitor a flow meter.

Welcome to the Forum!

Are you asking about adding an Analog Input Card to the I/O List, or a single Channel from an existing Analog Input Card?

Stu....

First we would need to know what PLC you have , complete catalog number and what analog card you have complete catalog.

and how you'll want the input value to be scaled ...

and whether you'll be using SINGLE-ENDED or DIFFERENTIAL wiring ...

we're not trying to make this difficult - but there's a LOT of different ways to do this ... it won't work if you don't get the details right ...

and welcome to the forum ...

more info

I'm adding a few flow meters to an existing logix5000 project. the processor is compact logic. I'm adding a point I/O panel via devicenet. I won't be able to get the model number of the point I/O card until I get back to work on Monday. Like I said, I'm not going to control anything. I just need to see the flow on a proface hmi. I know how to do parts of it. It's just putting it all together. they are
4-20ma loop powered flow meters.

I really need help. Does anyone have a procedure written up for adding a 4-20ma analog input in logix5000 I don't need to control anything with it. I just need to monitor a flow meter.

I'm really not trying to be flippant here, but Allen Bradley has a written procedure for adding an analog input module. Have you checked out their documentation?

It shouldn't be all that difficult. Install the module, do the configuration, wire it properly... And enjoy!

I have looked at their programming manual. I guess I need to look at some others. I have just been overwhelmeds with amount of information that is out there. Like I said, I have quite a few pieces of it. I'm just need a few little things to make is click. The ah ha moment. I would really appreciate a link to the procedure you are talking about.