Logic to flow chart template

CalG

Can anyone suggest an available template to graph a flow chart that might be used to "back engineer an existing ladder project?

I'm looking on the net. but perhaps someone has a favorite. Something that would put sequential functions onto one page would be great.

Regards

Cal

Last edited:
You mean like a flowchart? You can use Visio or use the shapes found in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint. That's what I've done in the past.

Or a tree display

Building from a blank sheet is not so bad, but I thought there just might be something previously taylored.

It would be nice to have some sort of program that would "read" the ladder and produce a flowchart. It would have saved me a bizzion hours in the past trying to decode someone else's logic!

Jkerekes

You must be right, for a google search with terms "ladder logic to flow diagram",
Returns a lot of "I wish" and "IT can't be done" responses. But there are such applications for "conventional" programming languages such a "C" etc.

I'm just looking for a glorified piece of paper that branches and expands as entries are made. I'm following a program from contact to coil, and thought there might be something that would suggest the most direct path and effort. You know, Learning from those who have gone before. I have been criticized too many times for trying to reinvent the wheel ;-)

Last edited:
Instead of a flowchart I use mind maps. It's more clear to me, I use Simple Mind on android phone and pc - sync is done via dropbox, for Open Source search for Freemind - really nice piece of soft.

adfox

FreeMind looks like something useful. My first encounter with the type. I have it installed and open now, trying to soak in the Key Maps

A learning curve ahead.....

Thanks!

google sketchup
visio
i use smartdraw 2010
you can also use codesys it is free and you can make your ladder , sfc, st etc all into it.
you can simulate with this software to check correct, and with a visualisation you can show an operator what is happening.