Bottling Line Simulator

eli93402

I have a few issues with my bottling line simulation. I am 90% done but am having timer issues with the scrap gate. I am also having some issues with the timing on the lower scrap conveyor, and am sure there is a simpler way to do it I just can't figure it out. I was wondering if I could email my ladder logic diagram to someone, and get some much needed advice. Thank you.

Sure Eli just post it up on here and give us the details about what software you are using and I am sure someone will be able to help. We will need a few more details about exactly what you are trying to accomplish in order for us to help you.

he says bottling line simulation, i assume he is talking about the Logixpro simulation lol. save it and post it on here. maybe zip it first if its a big file

Here is the file. I changed it to a file format that I could post you will have to change it back to a rsl file to view it in logixpro.

I am opening your LogixPro program, but in the meantime, it is best NOT to use a timer to control when the scrap gate goes on, or when it stops. Instead use your BSL bits (you don't need 6 BSLs, only 3, or better still 2 BSRs) to start and stop the scrap gate. More later.

I am 90% done but am having timer issues with the scrap gate.
From out of the mouths of babes comes nonsense... I say you are not even close to being 90% done. The Bottle Line Simulator has 6 Exercises. Which one(s) are you doing?

Oh my God! You don't have any descriptions or rung comments anywhere! I don't want to have to go through the entire program and try to figure out what you did! I will post a picture of the correct way next.

Here is a picture of part my version of the Student Exercise 6 of the Bottle Line program, showing how to do the scrap gate and scrap conveyor without timers. The problem with using timers is that you will need to adjust the "speed" of your bottle conveyor to prevent breaking bottles. When you adjust the speed, if you have used timers, of course the correct time would CHANGE for each speed (an infinite number) between 0 and 100% full speed. This makes using timers anywhere in the Bottle Line program very difficult, almost impossible.

LogixPro Bottle Line Scrap Conveyor - NO TIMERS.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, good looking women seem to lack rationality. Thank you for your reply and logic diagram. I tend to have a very one dimensional (in-experienced) way of building logic and seeing other peoples designs is always enlightening. I think I'm going to start this one over from scratch, and see if I can figure out how to get rid of all (most of) the timers. Thanks again.

If you are starting over, here is a simple program outline to guide you for the Bottle Line Exercise 1. Notice the descriptions. Please learn how to add symbol descriptions and rung comments to your LogixPro program. Later, that little step will save you many hours of hair-pulling.

This ZIP file will need unzipping and saving, before you can open it with your LogixPro program.

Before we can help you much, we really need to know which Student Exercise you are doing, or maybe it is a custom version. In any case, the Bottle Line program can vary tremendously depending on the assignment.

Last edited: