Any ideas why this Crimson code won't compile?

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Prototype: cstring RecipeMnemonic(void)

Code:
/*
Returns a string as 000.0KN-00C-00.0S
Where 000.0KN is programmed force in KN
00C is dither counts.
00.0S is dwell in seconds.
*/

Return DecToText(Force,0,3,1,1,0) + "KN-" + IntToText(Counts,10,2)+"C-" + DecToText(Dwell,0,2,1,1,0)+"S";

For some reason I cannot get this to compile. Its for a G307K2. Crimson reports an error but it doesn't tell me what it is and I can't see anything wrong with it. I tried the AsText() function as well. I originally had Force,Count,and Dwell as passed parameters, right now they are tags but once I get this to compile I want to go back to using passed parameters so I can reuse this function.

Prototype: cstring RecipeMnemonic(void)

Code:
/*
Returns a string as 000.0KN-00C-00.0S
Where 000.0KN is programmed force in KN
00C is dither counts.
00.0S is dwell in seconds.
*/

Return DecToText(Force,0,3,1,1,0) + "KN-" + IntToText(Counts,10,2)+"C-" + DecToText(Dwell,0,2,1,1,0)+"S";

For some reason I cannot get this to compile. Its for a G307K2. Crimson reports an error but it doesn't tell me what it is and I can't see anything wrong with it. I tried the AsText() function as well. I originally had Force,Count,and Dwell as passed parameters, right now they are tags but once I get this to compile I want to go back to using passed parameters so I can reuse this function.

Possibly it isn't finding the tags or the tags are of the wrong type.

It compiles for me when I have tags named Force, Counts, and Dwell.

I have the tags Force (float),Counts (integer),Dwell (float).

I'm racking my brain here because it should have compiled.

I changed the function prototype back to what I originally started with:

cstring RecipeMnemonic(float Force, int Counts, float Dwell)

where Force, Counts, and Dwell are parameters (which is what I actually wanted) and deleted the tags Force, Count, Dwell from the tag DB and then it compiled. Go figure. I don't think anything was different. o_O Oh well, after trying for two hours yesterday and at least two today I finally got what I wanted, still not sure what was wrong with what I had.

Thanks anyways.

I have the tags Force (float),Counts (integer),Dwell (float).

I'm racking my brain here because it should have compiled.

I changed the function prototype back to what I originally started with:

cstring RecipeMnemonic(float Force, int Counts, float Dwell)

where Force, Counts, and Dwell are parameters (which is what I actually wanted) and deleted the tags Force, Count, Dwell from the tag DB and then it compiled. Go figure. I don't think anything was different. o_O Oh well, after trying for two hours yesterday and at least two today I finally got what I wanted, still not sure what was wrong with what I had.

Thanks anyways.

By the way, are you using the latest release 530.001 If not, make sure you download it - it fixes comms issues with the KADET2.

I am using the latest build (Crimson updates more often than Adobe 🍺)

However I have never been able to get any of the Kadets to run in the emulator. I can run G3s in the emulator.

I am using the latest build (Crimson updates more often than Adobe 🍺)

However I have never been able to get any of the Kadets to run in the emulator. I can run G3s in the emulator.

KADET2 does not have emulator support, at least not yet, who knows what they might do next.

I was able to have a part in the Beta process of Crimson 3.0. We sometimes got more than one update each day so I think the updates come out slowly...