Rockwell drawings

Critt

Hi guys

just working on a set of drawings for a control panel we are building and can't seem to find the CPU (1769-L32E) or analog input card (1769-IF8) as a 2 dimension drawing.
We use AutoCad for our drawings.

Using The RAISE software from rockwell, ABECAD, and downloading from their site all give me 3 d drawings. I tried to flatshot and flatten command (old one I imported) and still can't get these drawings to look proper.

Basically I want these drawings for the rack layout. (The analog card is 1.5 width so I can't just any input card.

Anyone know where I can get these? Or maybe someone cares to share?

Cheers

1. download the 3d drawing and explode it - several times might be required.
2. change the elevation of all components to 0.00 to get to 2d.
3. goto the side view and erase all components cxetnding past 0.00 elevation.
4. erase multiple lines until you get a single line drawing.

it's been a while since i did this, you might play around with the command order.

regards,
james

Funny you say that... recently I was working on a panel one of our guys did like 20 years ago... Blue paper all hand sketched still able to read.

Hello...
So I decided just to use a drawing of a newer processor from the Rockwell web site which was in 2-d.

So that just leaves me with a 1.5 width factor 1769 I/O card... (1769-IF8) any help???

I don't think it is needed to upload the whole cad file, however I will upload the 1769-IF8 module that I'm looking for....

Sorry Can't upload file it is too large (its in 3-D) from Rockwell website.

Last edited:
Are you using autocad electrical? If so take the 1769-IF4 foot print on my windows 7 machine the path to the drawing is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2013\Libs\Panel\AB\PLCIO-PLCS\ABION130 modify it accordingly then save as 1769-IF8 or whatever you want