Modbus network

hitech

Hi!

I'm want to make a modbus RTU network to make an energy management system. I have already the hardware used in descontinued equipments. The idea is using a TWIDO PLC, Beijer iX HMI and several I/O from ADVANTECH with modbus RTU.

From your experience, can I expect problems using all this brands?

Thanks!

Remember that with RS485 Modbus RTU only one device can be the master, the one that initiates all transmissions. I expect the Twido will be gathering data from and controlling the I/O from the Advantech devices. The HMI would have to be on a separate port from that as an HMI is typically a master in the protocol it is using.

Remember that with RS485 Modbus RTU only one device can be the master, the one that initiates all transmissions. I expect the Twido will be gathering data from and controlling the I/O from the Advantech devices. The HMI would have to be on a separate port from that as an HMI is typically a master in the protocol it is using.

just a thought, please feel free to correct it.
can it be done by using rs232 between hmi & plc, while other with rs 485.?

suggestion always welcomed.