Kinetix 300 with RSLogix5000

webs

KINETIX 300 with 1769-L30ER
, we are starting up some machines using the above configuration and RSLogix 5000. I'm trying to decipher all the info available. I do not yet physically have these in my hands to power up.

Is the only way to get motion on these through messaging?

Can they use any of the "motion move instructions" for servo motion?

I will need Point-to-Point moves and also some "move to torque" in some cases.

thanks

Have you ever used the old Ultra 3000i indexing drives on DeviceNet ? The functionality is very similar, where an ordinary cyclic I/O connection is used to command functions in the drive.

The Kinetix 350 drives are the ones that use the Logix Motion Axis definitions and Motion commands. To run those, you need one of the CIP Motion capable controllers, like the 1769-L30ERM.

The Kinetix 300 are appropriate for use with the non-CIP-Motion versions of the CompactLogix.

I recently did a Kinetix 300 and MicroLogix 1400 application, and had to do all the Messaging to get data between them.

With the CompactLogix, most of that Messaging will not be necessary because the I/O connection takes care of the important Assembly messaging. You'll still probably need to send messages to alter aspects of the Indexes (like distance or speed or acceleration) but crucial command and status data will be taken care of by the I/O connection.

Last edited: