how to make project version incompatibility.

suboliu

hello,
anybody have idea to fix this issue?
when I inter CF card in pv 600+ and copy to to pv+, then load it in pv+, Error happen, Can not open project due to version incompatibility.
How to make them compatibility?
I appreciate with any suggestion

Hi

I will presume " and i Know I should never " that you are trying to transfer the program from one pv to a different pv using the cf card.
The problem I think is that your two pv are different firmware so you can not transfer like this. You have a couple of options but it depends in the firmware you have in pv 1 . If its 5 or greater then you could get rs view me and upload the . mer file and import it and convert it to the version required for your pv 2.

But as I maybe answering the wrong question I will wait till you post more detail

Donnchadh

Hi

I will presume " and i Know I should never " that you are trying to transfer the program from one pv to a different pv using the cf card.
The problem I think is that your two pv are different firmware so you can not transfer like this. You have a couple of options but it depends in the firmware you have in pv 1 . If its 5 or greater then you could get rs view me and upload the . mer file and import it and convert it to the version required for your pv 2.

But as I maybe answering the wrong question I will wait till you post more detail

Donnchadh
hello Donnchadh
I appreciate. I just use FTView 6.0 create runtime file .mer, then transfer it to pv+. then it say - incompatibility

Assuming the PV+ is at a LOWER revision level, when creating the .mer you are presented with the option of creating a lower firmware version mer. Try progressively lower revision levels.

The currently available PanelView Plus 400 and 600 terminals run firmware version 5.10.

So you need to create a Runtime file that is built for version 5.10. As suggested above, check the actual firmware version of your terminal to be sure.

There is a new hardware version of the PanelView Plus 400 and 600 coming out this spring that will run Version 6, but you don't have one (and it will be new hardware, not a firmware upgrade).

Runtime 510.png

hello Ken,
I appreciate with your help.
I have trans. .mer file to pv+ according to recommend. and wait for adapter to connect PLC and PV+.
I am here to thank you again !!!!