RSI OPC test Client

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to read registers from a SLC5/05 using RSI OPC Test Client. Seems I can get everything to work except the inputs and outputs. In talking with some OPC guys they were telling me OPC has a problem with the I:1.0 format. Anyone else run into this problem..is there a work around short of re-mapping the I/O to a N register?

Hello,

There is not an problem with 5/05.

From our help file:

Fixed SLC, SLC 5/01 and 5/02 do not support digital input and output data table access.

Here is a partial copy of a document:

5-01 io not published.jpg

PeakHMI can access the 5/05 I/O with problem.

We have been working with AB teck support and it looks like it may be our version of RSlinx 2.58 that might be the problem. We are in the process of ugrading to a newer version to see if that take care of the problem. :sick: