MSG read from PLC-5 to SLC 5/05

jazd

I'm trying to MSG from a SLC 5/05 to read a single INT from a PLC-5. I can't for the life of me get it to work!

SLC Ch1 Config
ch1uwv.jpg

RsLinx showing the SLC and PLC-5 that I am trying to communicate between

as you can see I am going through a DHRIO.
rslinx.jpg

DHRIO routing table
dhrio.jpg

MSG attempt 1, multihop
multihop1.jpg
multihop2.jpg

MSG attempt 2
remotesb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? What is the correct was to do this?

I'm sorry in advance, I wanna know how to translate ladder diagram from PLC 5 (.TSP) to RSLogix 5000 (.ADD) without losing any data. does it need specific step?

Try changing your Communications Command from "PLC5 Read" to "PLC5 Typed Read".
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunatly there is no option for a "typed" read. The options are 500CPU, 485CIF, PLC5 and Modbus.

I power cycled the SLC and I am now getting the same "connection broken" error on the remote (non multi-hop) MSG.

Can someone say which is the correct way of setting this up? If I know i have the configuration right I can start looking at other things.. such as firmware incompatibilities.

The non-multi-hop definitely won't work, since that uses the old CSPv4 protocol that the ControlLogix chassis modules don't support.

This is a tricky one.

If anything, I think that the SLC-5/05 should be set for "DHRIO Link 13", because the Ethernet nework is considered to be Link 13.

DHRIO Link 8 is that remote DH+ network that contains the PLC-5/40B.

I'm not really sure the Link ID's matter in this case, since we're not using DH+ Remote Messaging.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunatly there is no option for a "typed" read. The options are 500CPU, 485CIF, PLC5 and Modbus.

I power cycled the SLC and I am now getting the same "connection broken" error on the remote (non multi-hop) MSG.

Can someone say which is the correct way of setting this up? If I know i have the configuration right I can start looking at other things.. such as firmware incompatibilities.

Sorry for the bad info. I was at home (as I am now) and had no programming SW on my computer when I posted that. I just recalled a problem that I had encountered years ago messaging between a 5 & 500. I don't recall whether I was executing my MSG command in the SLC500 or the PLC5. I do recall that I couldn't get it to work without using the Typed Read command.

The non-multi-hop definitely won't work, since that uses the old CSPv4 protocol that the ControlLogix chassis modules don't support.

This is a tricky one.

If anything, I think that the SLC-5/05 should be set for "DHRIO Link 13", because the Ethernet nework is considered to be Link 13.

DHRIO Link 8 is that remote DH+ network that contains the PLC-5/40B.

I'm not really sure the Link ID's matter in this case, since we're not using DH+ Remote Messaging.
You are dead right.. Turns out the multi hop method worked perfectly after I had power cycled the PLC. Talk about uninformative error messages.. I think it must have been the connection limit problem. I would have tried power cycling sooner but the PLC was 2 hrs drive away :(

Sorry for the bad info. I was at home (as I am now) and had no programming SW on my computer when I posted that. I just recalled a problem that I had encountered years ago messaging between a 5 & 500. I don't recall whether I was executing my MSG command in the SLC500 or the PLC5. I do recall that I couldn't get it to work without using the Typed Read command.
No worries.

Thanks to both of you.