Historian Trending

rywins

I have a Factory Talk View SE HMI running in Network Station on a server, connected through ethernet to a CompactLogix PLC. I have historian SE running on the server, and I was finally able to get data from historian to trend.

The trends look good, but I noticed that lines stop updating when values are stagnant. I assume this is a result of historian's efficient data storage. However, I need to display the current value at all times. I hoping this is a simple fix...

I thought setting data point connect to 'connect points' might solve it, but it did not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
-Ryan

You will have to "un-compress" the trended Historian Data Points (beware of data storage fill rates!).
PI SMT/Points/Point Builder/Archive Tab ->Set Compressing to OFF and SAVE.

Doesn't Historian have a heartbeat setting somewhere? That is log the point every XX seconds, even if the value doesn't change?

Most likely on the FTV SE server side.
FT Historian points are by default "compressed" (not recorded unless changed since the previous poll); however, the "Change Definition" is user configurable though; the user decides the +/- value threshold of the polled point data which represents a "Change in Value" from the Historian server's vantage point.

Last edited: