Ultra 5000 servo feed help

loundeb2

Hi,
I have a PA Industries servo feeder with an Allen Bradley MPL motor and Ultra5000 drive. I'm only using a single limit switch which rides on a cam attached to a press. I'm using the NO contact as the feed cam signal and the NC contact for the reset cam signal.
the problem is I keep getting a "sync fault" error in auto. I can jog for/rev without a problem. The limit NO contact closes, but I get no motion, then when the NC contact closes, I get the fault. No drive errors. I've isolated the limit circuit and wired a limit directly to the drive with the same results. Awhile ago, the connection block on the motor got pulled out by the cables, I rang them all out, secured everything, reinstalled and it worked fine for about a month, now this. Could they be related?

My company has a customer that has dozens of these servo drives on their presses. I'm at home right now, so I don't have access to the best information, but I remember two 'gotchas' on these drives. One is that the feed and reset 'windows' need to be longer than just a quick blip - maybe 30-40 degrees of press rotation, minimum. The other is the feed needs to be complete, BEFORE the feed window ends. If the signal changes from feed to reset, before the servo is done moving, you will get a fault.

Thank you for the help. I have figured it out though. Apparently, the feed speed and accel/decel rates are located in the "tools" menu, even though the manual shows it in the "oper" menu. One of the machine operators must have changed the tool number to one that hadn't been set up, so I had zero feed speed, etc.