Robot recommendation

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a supplier of a simple robot and control system. The robot must be capable of identifying, trapping and slide "stacks" of standard 13" x 13" milk cases from an in-floor chain conveyor onto the adjacent floor area in 3 x 3 "blocks". Each stack weighs up to 220 pounds.

To complicate things, there may be stacks of up to five different products present on the conveyor at any time. I envision having the control system take a snapshot of the top case in each stack as it exits its "stacker". It will then watch for the same image and use it to determine where the stack will go.

Has anyone seen a similar robot in use? We currently have employees identify the product in each stack and drag them off the conveyor using a hook. It's primitive, effective and dangerous. I want to automate it, if possible.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've seen "pharmaceutical vision systems" that could do what you want. They would have to be integrated with your mechanics, but i have been to some packaging shows with companies that do the integration for you. Google the phrase above or look at Expo packaging to find help.