Is there a work around to display References and Nicknames in LM90?

CalG

That is, At the same time, while either viewing or printing?

It does not appear to be one of the options available.
Per GFK-2055 Chap 3- sec.7

It sure would make things obvious. I suppose I could move all the nicknames to the description column. and re-import.

cwal61

Boy, I thought I tried that earlier in the print function. Perhaps I discarded the option as "other stuff" also appeared. I'll try again.

Printing to file has it's advantages.

It was always one of the shortcomings of Logicmaster that you can't view both nicknames and addresses simultaneously. But at least you can specify both when you print.
This is not a problem in Proficy ME.

I love beating dead horses. :sick:

But PME has its issues too. :D

I always resolved that by never using nicknames....

Yup, as far as I am concerned, they are tools of the devil.

And there is something like a 5000 nickname limit to the LM90 software (which my old partner actually ran up against).

Have you seen the help screens yet?

Try "ALT-K"
Lots of nice short cut keys available, including the ALT key functions.

"ALT-H" will pop up the help window. Then use the "F-#" and "Shift-F#" to read all sections.

Great one...
Highlight instruction in rung and press "ALT-I" for help on that instruction.

The one I use the most is when you I to go to a certain rung (or just a rung area)... just type in rung number and press "F8".

Nathan Yes, I make use of those features

Have you seen the help screens yet?

Try "ALT-K"
Lots of nice short cut keys available, including the ALT key functions.

"ALT-H" will pop up the help window. Then use the "F-#" and "Shift-F#" to read all sections.

Great one...
Highlight instruction in rung and press "ALT-I" for help on that instruction.

The one I use the most is when you I to go to a certain rung (or just a rung area)... just type in rung number and press "F8".

I stayed up until the wee hours last night "RTFM" (reading the F...ing Manual ;-)

There is a lot there, and then some.

In that I'm just trying to "get by and make this thing do what I want" practice with each feature on order to become familiar takes some time/

Tips, Comments and advice such as yours and all the others does provide a lot of support and lends to optimism!

ps , in response to the nickname, description example. That is a description! It's just hard to tell....;-))

cheers

Cal