micrologix 1400 code for lid door using footswitch

Salazard

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have an aluminum extrusion oven with lid door on it. run by micro logic 1400 and panel view c600. the lid door will open/up and close/down by actuator.

Need help on the program for the lid door control to open and close using only the footswitch. press one the oven lid will open/up then press again on the same switch the oven will close/down.

thanks

Need help on the program for the lid door control to open and close using only the footswitch. press one the oven lid will open/up then press again on the same switch the oven will close/down.

If your actuator is such that on powering it, it moves the lid door up and on removing power it moves the lid door back down, then the attached ladder will help you give an idea how to do what you want.It's basically a toggle circuit.

Thanks for the help. But they want footswitch to do all the lid door action. Like press footswitch once it will open the lid of oven and press again the footswitch it will close the oven lid. Is it possible.

Thanks

I wonder if the door is using a reversing starter and requires two outputs. I wonder if there are limit switches involved. I wonder if there is a need to stop the door during travel. I wonder if there is a need for automatic reversal in some cases. I am just wondering how many questions will need to be asked to get a satisfactory solution to this problem.
The basic drift of this post is, please don't skip even the smallest details when asking a question. We will be more than happy to help. Attaching a copy of the existing program code zip file or a pdf file would be great.
By the way, post #2 is a great template to develop your particular solution.

The oven lid door was control by two output from plc using a reverse forward relay. Before the operation was control by two push button. Pb1 for open/up and pb2 close/down. The operation on the existing one is a straight forward. Press pb1 the lid will open and it will stop by the position of sensor. Then press pb2 to close the lid and it will stop by sensor. But on any event during the travel going up the pb2 can stop the lid in any position and operator can press pb1 or pb2 whichever he want to operate either to close the lid or continue to open the lid.

And customer is asking if they can iliminate pb1 and pb2 and change it to one footswitch for all action.

I already try the code that was given on the post but still doing some sort of manipulation.

Thanks

The other issue that you need to address is whether you need a maintained output for open and close, or if limit switches or timers should be used to disable the outputs after the lid is in position.

Press pb1 the lid will open and it will stop by the position of sensor. Then press pb2 to close the lid and it will stop by sensor. But on any event during the travel going up the pb2 can stop the lid in any position and operator can press pb1 or pb2 whichever he want to operate either to close the lid or continue to open the lid.

And customer is asking if they can iliminate pb1 and pb2 and change it to one footswitch for all action.

What you say could be easily done with one footswitch if just that highlighted portion was not required that is, if the operation was only as follows:

Press once -> actuate in one direction
Press 2nd time -> stop
Press 3rd time -> actuate in opposite direction
Press 4th time -> stop
.. and so on

But since after stopping you say with one footswitch itself you should be able to decide whether to continue in forward direction or reverse, then there are two options to achieve that:

1.Make multiple presses of the footswitch within a certain timespan correspond to each action, eg. 1 press -> forward, 2 presses -> stop and 3 presses -> reverse.

2.Make a 2nd button in your HMI which in combination with the footswitch will decide the direction of actuation.So, your footswitch will just alternate actuator on/off and footswitch along with status of HMI button will decide forward/reverse.

Finally i got it. Complex of everything timers and counter. To all who give support and help kodus to all of you guys. Awesome people. Debug until 3Am