input output card misplaced

gaannesh

I have been called for an injection molding machine service.
i am not a plc expert. i found their supervisor misplaced the input and output cards and connected the input wires to the output card .
output wire to the input cards.
Now the problem is output line fuse blows when i give power to output card.
what will be the problem.?
Is I/O card need repairing?

Though it probably doesn't matter now, I would have immediately replaced both cards as suspect. How much does a further malfunctioning injection molding machine cost (including continued down time) compared to the cost of the two cards?

Retain the old input card, label it as suspect, and try it in a non-critical function later.

You should also consider whether any damage could have been caused to field devices (particularly inputs from solid-state sensors), when potentially hit by output card voltages...