Siemens S7-300 alarm logging

eichler

Hi All

I'm using an S7-315F 2PN/DP with a siemens HMI (currently on a PC -WinCC flex) to control a small plant.

If a plant process variable goes outside of the HH/LL limits, an alarm is raised and the plant is automatically shut down.

I use block related messages (alarm-S/SFC17) to send the alarms to the HMI. The plant can only be restarted when an administrator acknowledges the alarm with a password via the HMI.

I used this resource to setup the block messaging system

https://support.automation.siemens....objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

My system works fine but I am struggling with implementing an alarm register. There is a second siemens plc connected via Profius which needs access to an alarms register.

I am aware that I can log the alarms in WinCC flexible but what I would really like is a way to record the 20 (say) most recent alarms in a data block on the S7-300 cpu. This data block could then be read by the second plc. The data block must contain the alarm text, alarm ID number and time stamp. Or is there another way to share the CPU messages with a second plc?

I have been searching for an answer to this for a few days with no luck. Can anyone give me any ideas of how to implement this sytem please?

Best regards

John

Update. I have changed to using bit alarms as the code is slightly simpler. I now have a data block that describes all my alarms. My code sets the relevant bit which is read by the HMI as an alarm.

However, I still need to log the time when each alarm/error occurs. Can someone help me write a function that scans my alarms for true bits and logs this in a separate data block please?

Hi John,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have a similar thing I'm trying to achieve.

Basically I want to log errors as and when they appear and save them as a daily error log which I can then have auto-emailed to relevant people.

Our current HMI only historically saves the last 1000 Errors, but no warnings, no messages. I want all of them in a daily report so also need the time/date stamp.

Cheers,

Mark