WinCC flexible Trend View

falgunvasava

WinCC flexible Trend View Can Show Maximum 8 Trends,What can be done if you want to show more than 8 trends in the same trendview.
Can we use any third party trend views with My Controls?

There isnt any solutions to this in WinCC Flexible itself.

I use an OCX from Chestysoft to display X/Y Curves, and it can be used for any other kind of curves as well. But it must fetch all the data to be shown in one instance as an Array. This is probably not practical for what you want to do.

So the answer is no it is not possible.
You can put several trendviews in the same screen though.

Right now it is not required to use any features of WinCC flexible TrnedView, I just want to Show a Graph. I already downloaded the OCX trial you mentioned but have no idea what to do next because I am new to Scripting. Need more information on how to use it.
Thank you.

Study how to use VBS.
Study how to add an OCX control to a WinCC Flexible project.
Read the Chestysoft documentation regarding the use of the OCX with VBS.
I have written a bit more here:
http://www.sps-forum.de/showthread.php/38716-Beispiel.-WinCC-Flex-PC-RT.-X-Y-Kurven-mittels-ActiveX.
(use google translate if you dont read german)

edit: But I doubt that the OCX is really the solution to your problem.
One consequence is that all data has to be stored in the PLC. If you have lots of values to trend, and they need a lot of stored data, then it will eat your PLC memory.
For example the 8 curves you can make in WinCC Flexible would cost 8 Curves x 4 bytes per value (REAL) x 900 logged values = 28.8 kB. Since you want more than 8 curves, it will require proportionally more memory.

Last edited:
Thank you Jesper....
I have been Trying VBS and learning. Also had Little success using it.
I have tired and succeeded putting the Data in Excel and plot an automated chart in EXCEL(*.xlsx) using Scripts in WinCC flexible. So the Graph is Plot in Excel. I was thinking in another direction, to View the EXCEL chart directly in WinCC flexible somehow or Publish the EXCEL chart as WEB page and View it in WINCC flexible with HTML Browser.

There are many roads to Rome.
I would take the well-known short road.
I would simply make several trendviews, each with 8 trendcurves.
You can scroll the trendviews simultanously if you setup buttons for scrolling, and assigning several times the function TrendViewScrollBack or TrendViewScrollForward to the same Button Press event.

Thank you Jesper....
I have been Trying VBS and learning. Also had Little success using it.
I have tired and succeeded putting the Data in Excel and plot an automated chart in EXCEL(*.xlsx) using Scripts in WinCC flexible. So the Graph is Plot in Excel. I was thinking in another direction, to View the EXCEL chart directly in WinCC flexible somehow or Publish the EXCEL chart as WEB page and View it in WINCC flexible with HTML Browser.

Could you send me your script please, it would be really helpful?! Thanks!
My e-mail address is:
[email protected]