Integration between SCADAPack & Factorytalkview SE

abdelhay5

I want to make integration between SCADAPack RTU 314E and factoryyalk view SE through Ethernet communication

RTU panel consist of (Micrologix 1400 and redundant SCADAPack RTU) both will be connected to Fiber Optic Converter (FOC) as a converter from Ethernet to fiber and then again at the main control center will be reversed again from fiber to Ethernet directly to the SCADA (FactoryTalk view SE networks)

This SCADAPack will be connected as Ethernet but actually it will use MODBUS TCP and then connected to converter to Ethernet to be connected to the FOC as mentioned previously ...

Is it possible from the SCADA side to get the data and read properly through a built-in driver already in the factorytak

Shall i need OPC as keepserver
or i had to go through extra hardware at the system

regards

You will need something that talks Modbus TCP. KEPServer Enterprise, which can be licensed along with Factroy Talk has a Modbus TCP driver in it. You can also go directly to Kepware and purchase a Modbus TCP driver with KEPServerEx.

That model does come with support for Modbus. We have the same device here. However, you can also talk DNP3 to it which is in the KEPserverEX server but not included in KEPServerEnterprise.

I see
actually my solution was going to convert from DNP3 or Modbus Rtu to Ethernet converter and then transfer to SCADA and in this case i will need the keepserverEX as you said

but what if used prosoft converter from MODBUS to ethernet , In this case can i connect to SCADA directly without any drivers or license

You still have to speak the controllers language as it were and that is what the drivers in the server do. The Prosoft converter are converting Modbus Serial to Modbus Ethernet, actually working as a gateway. They do the same with DNP to Modbus Ethernet.