Red Lion G307 Kadet Ghosting Issue

I have a Red Lion G307 Kadet. Turns out I have a ghosting issue on the screen. It appears to be temperature related. When the device is cold, it has ghosting on the screen. And at this particular site, it is sometimes cold. No colder than say 60°F

I sold the Red Lion as it would be better than Allen Bradley and now it is making me look bad. My customer is not happy with the issue and Red Lion seems resistant to help with the issue. They say it is with all Kadet units, not just this one.

Any Ideas?

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg

I can assure you that is not normal. I'm working on a project with a G307K2 in my basement right now which is often in the 50-55F range, and I have seen none of these issues. I'd suggest you keep pushing Red Lion.

I have the same problem with a G307 kadet.
On mine the ghosting disapears after about 20 minutes but unfortanly the equipment gets turned off for cleaning and the screen has ghosting when they turn it back on which is when they need it most.

I have put a spare screen on and so far this one seems ok.
Red Lion are aware of the issue, they have asked for serial numbers, both screens were bought at the same time, one shows the fault, the other is ok ?

At least the comms don't lock up now with the latest firmware.

I specified the kadet as a standard for a series of machines we are putting in and I'm starting to regret it with these problems.

We've had some headaches with the latest Kadet series as well (G304K2 and G307K2). The G307K2 ghosting doesn't seem to just be a temperature problem, as we cycled power and the ghosting came back, even though it hadn't had time to cool off appreciably. It also didn't appear at all until we updated the firmware. Red Lion doesn't actually manufacture the hardware, so they have to go through their manufacturer (Maple Systems, I think) for fixes. They told us that they had tried several things with the ghosting, but nothing so far would fix it for all units. We also sometimes have some weird comms issues that are better with the latest firmware but I don't think they're quite 100% fixed.

I haven't seen the ghosting issue yet, and I hope I don't. I know there have been numerous driver issues and such, but looks like most of them (at least for me) have been fixed. I have 7 more going in over the next couple months, so I hope it is resolved.

Please tell me that the Banner data driver works:wish:

BTW: I have a 304K2 at a farm up north. It's inside a non-insulated, non-heated shed. Temp outside was -4F, not sure what it was inside the shed, but probably pretty close to outside temp. No issues with the cold temps at all. Had many other issues tho. Can't tighten the mounting screws more than finger tight, or the display won't work. That's the only issue remaining.

As far as I know, the ghosting issue only applies to the G307K2. We've just encountered another glitch, where the G304K2 reboots itself randomly. When I get in, I'll check on it to see how many times it happened over night, then get back in touch with Red Lion.

We're on v530.001. This version fixed some other issues, then started rebooting. Haven't seen any issues at all with the standard G3 series we've used (G306, G308, and G310).

Sorry for the delay in discovering this topic but I do have some answers regarding this situation.
1. Since first learning of this issue, we have been conducting internal tests as well as working with our hardware component suppliers.
2. While the root cause has not yet been determined with finality, there appears to be a flaw in the LCD screen. The LCD screen supplier has been involved in our investigations into the problem.
3. Working with the LCD supplier, we have devised a test which will be put into effect while investigation into the root cause continues.
4. 100% of LCD screens will be tested before use in the final assembled HMI.
5. 100% of our current stock of finished units will be tested prior to release for shipment.
6. Pending results of inventory testing, we should be able to resume shipments next week.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy,
Thanks for the feedback.

I have a couple 7K2's here, still in the box, and will be ordering two more in a week or so.

With the two I have, what's the procedure to replace these if they have the ghost issue? (I'll try these first)

I work with Mark P. at GLAS, you know him.

I won't be able to wait weeks for investigation and replacements.

Does this issue only affect the Kadet line? I haven't seen this with the few G308's that I have worked with. Just want to make sure I don't need upgrade any of the units I have in the field.

Does this issue only affect the Kadet line? I haven't seen this with the few G308's that I have worked with. Just want to make sure I don't need upgrade any of the units I have in the field.

This only affects the G307K2 HMI

Thanks
Jeremy