Panelview Plus 700 CE

JasonKS

Good Morning All!! I have been using all of your advise for about a year now, and was always able to find an answer. This morning I have one I cannot figure out, and search didn't help me out much either :( Here is my issue:

I have a Panelview Plus 700 CE running Windows CE .net version: 4.10

I have assigned the static IP 192.168.1.121 to the PVPlus and given my computer 192.168.1.120 both on subnet 255.255.255.0. RSLinx (classic 2.59 cpr9 sr5) won't see it??

Im not sure how to proceed, I thought about using a CF card but I don't have one on hand, can I just get any CF card from the local camera store?

Any help or advice is appreciated

I removed power, waited about a minute and reapplied power. I assume it "stuck" I went back into control panel>Network Connections>IP Addresses Tab and the information I entered is still present

Take a little bit of a step back.

While it's convenient to see the PanelView Plus in the RSLinx Classic browse, it doesn't do much other than tell you it's present.

FactoryTalk View Studio uses a different driver, called RSLinx Enterprise. It is configured almost entirely in the "Communications" section of a FactoryTalk View project.

What exactly do you need to do with the terminal ?

From your description it sounds like you want to upload or download a project file. You can do that over Ethernet, or using a CompactFlash card, or (probably) using a USB "thumb drive".

The principal thing to remember using removable memory with PV+ is that it needs to be formatted for the old "FAT16" disk format, which generally means it needs to be 2 GB or smaller.

The directory that PanelView Plus uses for Runtime files on a removable memory device is

[Root]:\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime

Note the space in "Rockwell Software" and no space in "RsViewME". The PV+ will create this directory if your are copying files to removable media from onboard storage, but if you want to go directly from your CF card to the PanelView, you need to create that directory and put your *.MER runtime file there.