Instrumentation and Control

Densam

Any recomendations for a good instrumentation books. I have realised that programing without the knowldge of everything else around is not very wise.

Contrary to the TANSTAASFL Law (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch), Tony Kuphaldt's Lessons in Industrial Instrumentation is great book.

It's a work in progress, with periodic updates, but it's pdf, so one just grabs the latest version.

It is a large download, the current V1.30 is 54Mb.

The site with the most up-to-date version:
http://www.openbookproject.net/books/socratic/sinst/ to see what else is there.

actual book download
http://www.openbookproject.net/books/socratic/sinst/book/liii.pdf

It does have a number of chapters on electronics, but most of it is instrumentation. He teaches instrumentation at a community college.

Good find ie. L.Motus & M.G.Rodd in their book "Timing Analysis of real-time saftware" pretty much categorise the "real world" as a part of the program/computer system or more precicely a computer system as a part of the bigger "program" the real-world.

Understanding the errors and lags on instrumentation is important also.

PS. thx danw I also look that book, might be interesting. +1

You beat me to it. Tony's book is a great way to go. I can also help provide a ton of data, but I would need to know what kind of stuff are you looking for specifically.

All temperatures, volme, weight, safety ,historicals. I will checjk out the ones you guys provided