Throttle actuator

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm starting to piece parts together to build a genset. I believe I will be able to buy an Isuzu C223 engine that was originally in in a truck. The engine will have an automotive style governor in it. I will have to modulate the "throttle" to keep the engine running at 1800rpm.

Can anyone tell me where to find an actuator that would work? It needs to be fast response, so most electronic damper actuators are out.

This is a home project, so price is a big factor.

Thanks

Just getting the engine, no vehicle with it. I've found genset speed controllers and actuators for around $500. I was planning doing the speed control inside plc, but could just use an actual speed controller system designed for gensets. Does anyone know how the throttle actuators are controlled for the genset speed control ssytem? Do they do a pwm signal?