Rslogix 5000 and magellis hmi

LWoll

Hi guys
i am new to rslogix 5000 programming, tags etc... I have used rs logix 500 for a number of years and have set up some projects with micrologix and used magellis hmi.. Works fine.
However i seem to be running into some issues with rslogix 5000 using a compactlogix l33er and want to communicate to a magellis hmigto5310 hmi.. The problem i am having is addressing on the tags in the vijeo designer software which is used to program the hmi... It asks for the data tables, but in rslogix 5000 i only gave the tags a name,chose data type and created a tag...
Has anyone tried this before using an ab controller and a schneider hmi?? I am being told by local schneider sales that they see alot of it done because schneider makes a superior hmi... Any ideas ?