2 elementary questions related to starting a program and connecting PNP sensors

Gianni86

Hi,

So, I eventually got a zelio to work with. 2 silly questions: Do I need a manual push button as an input to the smart relay to make it start executing the program? Or can I do that through the device's interface panel? I guess what I don't know for this is, say: I've downloaded the program to the device and I turn it on...will the program start running immediately?

Also having read this http://www.plcs.net/chapters/dcin25.htm, the model I've got only accepts 3-wire PNP sensors, so a sensor's Brown goes to VDC, Blue to 0 and Black to the input terminal. When I'll wire a SP ON-OFF switch, I'll do that between a VDC and the input terminal, correct? So, overall, the input device is the sink and the sensor is the source?
Regards

1. No, you do not need a push button to make the program run. I am not familiar with Zelio, but most PLC have a run command for you to select after a download. From then on it runs upon power up.

Then again, if you want the program to respond to a push button or so to execute a step, you have to program it that way.

2. Your wiring is fine

Regards