M340 Library Features

rdredge

I want to import a FB from a previous project that was in the Libset V4.0 library in unity pro xl.

I can do and export import of the project and open it in v7 no problem, also all custom FB's i created show up int he types library manager under application.
My query is it possible to import a old Libset v4.0 FB into the Libset v7.0 so I can use the FB in different programs without having to develop it every time?

Cheers

yes, it is possible. On Unity V4 project you can export your custom FB's to ztx format. Then on Unity V7 import these back and copy to library.

Or another way is to copy all custom FB's from library to project which is on v4 format and save project.
(open some old project first, which is on Unity v4-format, if you don't have *.sta file rename your *.stu file to *.sta and you can open it with newer Unity. on File-open window, Select libset: Keep project version )

Then on Unity open this project with file-open command and select now (libset: update with latest version available). After this your custom FB's s and project are V7 version and you can copy FB's to library.

Last edited:
Cheers for that. I had actually already performed this import successfully. I was a non custom block that just isn't available to the M340.

After reading further I found that the M340 doesn't support the read_reg FB which I previously used with my quantum for TCP/IP comms. I can't seem to find a way of reading data via TCP/IP modbus other than I/O scanner. See I need 2 NOR cards for DNP3 so I have to use the onboard ethernet port for TCP/IP modbus comms to my network.

Last edited:
Cheers for that. I had actually already performed this import successfully. I was a non custom block that just isn't available to the M340.

After reading further I found that the M340 doesn't support the read_reg FB which I previously used with my quantum for TCP/IP comms. I can't seem to find a way of reading data via TCP/IP modbus other than I/O scanner. See I need 2 NOR cards for DNP3 so I have to use the onboard ethernet port for TCP/IP modbus comms to my network.

Do you know if theres any pre defined block that can be used for TCP/IP mosbus reads?

I haven't used M340 PLC with Unity, but io-scanner or read_var and write_var with addm-function maybe

IO-scanner is easiest to configurate

Yes well I have been analyzing those options.

I just need to get my head around the GEST ARRAY input on the read_var FB ill need to do some testing here.

Have you used these functions for the other PLC's int the range.

I have digitals is another PLC that are not bit packed and I can't make modifications to that plc. As far as I can see the I/O scanner can only be used for registers and i'm also limited as the proceessors ethernet port doesn't support I/O scanning:(

Thanks for all the help mate your a gent.

Cheers Geoff, I have started looking at it and just need to sequence my reads / writes as I have 6 slaves.

Thanks guys

Guy's bit packing and unpacking in unity. What are the function blocks. I have this comms up an running but i'm looking for a way to force particular bits in the management array.

Bits within words and integers may be directly accessed, for example tag.0

Just make sure in the project settings - variables - Allow bit extraction of Int word and byte is ticked

There are also the functions Bit_to_byte, byte_to_bit, word_to_bit, and bit_to_word to set or examine all the bits in a word or byte