Horner stepper card

Jim Mo

I have machines using Fanuc 90-30 PLCs. The home switch for the stepper card has a habit of blinking frequently and without cause. I have replaced the switch, its cable, the home run wiring and the stepper card. I am thinking there is a glitch in the stepper card; does anyone know if this is problem and possible solution?

It could be a DC power supply problem. The voltage could be low or unstable. There could be an intermittent short somewhere in the circuit that doesn't draw enough current to blow a fuse but enough to drag the voltage level down to where the stepper card sees it as a change of state.

The typical Fluke may not be fast enough to see a brown-out that could turn the Home switch input off. Those inputs should come at about 9 volts and go off at about 12 volts.

I would put a trap in logic to how many scans it is lost and maybe at what point in the process.
Also does the system lose "home"?

use a capacity in parallel, when connecting your fluke the problem is gone, due to stary voltages in the line. happens when the input has very high impedance.

Homed signal blinks off and on, but doesn't require rehoming. Most of the time it really isn't even an issue, mostly just annoying that I can't find a reason for it.