Maximum data that can be transfered on Profibus

swapnil.naik

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what is the maximum number of words that can be exchanged between two Siemens PLC eg: S7-400 = S7-400 or with any third party PLC

Thanks in Advance (y)

Last edited:
Hi,

The maximum data amount on Profibus-DPV0 is 244 Bytes In and 244 Bytes Out.
What Peter is saying is that one can multiplex over Profibus. For example, use the first byte as indicator (1,2,3 etc) and send differnet chunks of 243 Bytes data - deppendent on the indicator value. This will obviously require some PLC programming on both PLCs.

Just my 2 cents

Patrick L

OK,But can i just send/ Receive data using move block on the O/P address

Like MW 10[MOVE]PQW 10 and let other device read it. well thats how i mostley communicated with Sinamic drive and some sensors but i used there GSD in hardware config.

So is it possible this way to communicate with Third party device or other Siemens PLC, if yes then that's what u mean, that i can move 64 words max IN/OUT on profibus ? or 244 bytes as per Pudden.

Thanks, :D