Panelview Plus 6 1000

Theades

Hi

This is my very first post on here, I was wondering if anyone knew how to set a connection bit in a PV6 to be triggered when any active alarm is "active", I can find every connection except the one I want to use. My plan is to trigger an external buzzer via a micrologix.

Many Thanks Tom

FactoryTalk View alarming could be "handled" in various ways.
The mainstream approach is implemented via the FTVS Alarms Setup utility.
The user defines an "Alarm Trigger" CPU Controller tag which is continuously monitored for the user defined "normal state/value"; in case the CPU "Alarm" tag is not "normal" and depending of the "abnormal state/value" various user defined Alarm Messages will be displayed within the Alarm Banner that will pop up at the time the "trigger" becomes "abnormal".
Refer to Chapter 9 of:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf