Linear transducer replacements

WrongWay

Greetings,
Just started at a plant that has had a reoccuring problem when replacing a Balluff Linear Position Transducer; Micropulse absolute quadrature output rod style(BTL5-Q1001-Mxxx-Z-S140. Sometimes when a bad probe is exchanged for a new one, the replacement probe of the same type will work.Sometimes is won't. They have talked with Balluff and Galil, the motion controller guys, and have had no answers. When I look at the actual position counts vs. the reference position counts I see that we have an error limit exceded when a new transducer is installed. I may be missing something but it seems that the problem may be solved by re-tuning the new probe. Or by adjusting the cylinder rod end to get closer to the reference value? Or maybe I can just edit the count value to rescale the new sensor counts? The hydraulic cylinders go through a homing sequence that sets the home position after a home sensor is flagged. The control platform is Think & DO with Galil WSDK software. Thank you