Rs5000 mave

ericremp

Hi all,

First post, I have an AB compact controller, L35E - 19. I am trying to smooth out a temperature input that has some inherant noise on it in a oven. The temp is just a display on a HMI screen, the heater element is run by an SCR on a analog signal so the temp is just a referance/visual.

I am trying to get a MAVE instruction to work in the function block. I set it for 15 data points, and a storage array for 15 points, my input is a DINT that is from a thermal couple input moved to the DINT tag, (I tried the t-couple input straight in also) I also made a 2 second timer to cyle the sample enable. For some reason I am not getting any data into the MAVE. I have checked: in, sample enabble, out. The MAVE tag is a moving average.

Seems like I have something silly wrong, I have not set one of these up and don't have any examples. I did try to follow a pdf example that is on this board with no luck. I could do it in the ladder with the FIFO stuff but want to figure this out.

Thanks, in advance, won't work on it again till tomorrow.

Well it was something silly, I rarely (pretty much never) have to add a routine or a ladder........I didn't have a JSR to the function block......so it works now. oooops.

Thanks for the pdf also that one is better than the what I had. Thanks for the help.

Well it was something silly, I rarely (pretty much never) have to add a routine or a ladder........I didn't have a JSR to the function block......so it works now. oooops.

Thanks for the pdf also that one is better than the what I had. Thanks for the help.

Don't feel bad. I think that's happened to all of us at one time, or another. ;)