Danfoss VLT 5005 - random restarts

art_PL

Hello,
I have problem with my drive - Danfoss VLT 5005 (full number: VLT 5005PT5B20STR3DLF10A00C0). It restarts after random periods of time (it can restart 20 times per day, or work correctly for 2 days without restart). No matter if it has connected motor to output or not. I have already changed most of capacitors inside, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tell us how the start signal is configured. Is it pointed toward the keypad, or the terminal strip, or to some form of fieldbus communications?

If under 75hp, replace the drive. If over 75hp, I would replace the I/O and regulator card.

This is a grievous danger and I would err on the cautious side to make sure it never happens again.

Shoud be a 4kW, so as Dick says - replace the drive. It is discontinued so you'd need to go for a FC302 or if this is a simple control situation the cheaper FC51 may also be an option.

The restarting could be caused by a weak mains or a broken softcharge circuit.

The sparepart number for the Powercard (where the softcharge "should" be placed) is 175Z2650.

Partnumber for the Control Card (IO board) is 175Z2624.

But I'd think that the repairs would be as expensive as a new drive.

Best regards,

Michal

Flat 30-pin ribbon cable, that connects control card with mainboard, was source of the problem.

Thanks for advices!