Panelview Component - Where in the H*** is the validate button?!

brstilson

Been searching for the validate button to validate my application for the past hour. No luck. It's not hidden, not turned off, It's just gone. Not available anywhere. I'm using Connected Components Workbench (that's what you're supposed to use with these, right? Seems like Rockwell has trouble deciding).

This is my first terminal and I already can't stand it. I hope I never have to program one of these again. You'd think Rockwell would learn their lesson from the whole Silverlight debacle and stop getting in bed with Microsoft so darn much. I can't tell if I'm using CCW or Visual Studio.

EDIT: Okay, of course after I complain I find it. Didn't realize I had to edit the darn thing online to see it. Anyway, I found it. Now to find out why it's telling me I have no alarm messages even though I do.

Last edited:
Connected Components Workbench is a lot faster than Editing online, but yes unfortunately as you realized, you have to transfer the file to the HMI in order to Validate.
I have no idea why they didn't include the Validate in the CCW?
Are you sure that you transferred the .cha file with the Alarm messages over to the HMI?

I was dabbling with the language settings and I didn't provide alarm messages for the Chinese translation I was dabbling with (I'm reading a String file from the PLC for those anyway). So I just deleted the Chinese language from the program and it validated.

I was dabbling with the language settings and I didn't provide alarm messages for the Chinese translation I was dabbling with (I'm reading a String file from the PLC for those anyway). So I just deleted the Chinese language from the program and it validated.

Yes, the point is that you have to specify every alarm message in all languages to get no errors.

I havent used ver 4 yet - Hopefully it is fixed
Along with the printing ability which they removed between Ver.1 and 2

But
the earlier version does not allow you to validate
you can only do that when online