Moellar Easy500

DazJ

Hi all,

I've been tasked with a project in the factory where I work, quite a simple project.
It involves a water discharge tank with a pump inside and agitator jets.

I'll require the pump to start when the tank has reached an upper set limit and stop when the tank reaches an lower set limit then start the agitator jets for 5 seconds.

I'm wondering what kind of sensor you would recommend using for this project. I'm thinking of a ultrasonic sensor. Would the Pepperl-Fuchs UB4000-F42-E5-V15 be compatible with the Easy500.

Also I will require the agitator jets to run for 5seconds every 2hours, is this possible with the Easy500 series (EASY512-DC-RC).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes the sensor should be compatible with the Easy (PNP output), obviously I can't comment on it being compatible with your process. The sensor only has one output and so you may need two to give the start stop/start that you describe. The Easy 512-DC-RC has multiple timers or a real time clock to run the agitator.

A demo version of Easysoft is available:
http://www.moeller.net/en/products_solutions/motor_applications/control/easy/download.jsp

RS do a sensor DP2-41E RS 299-0731 which has 2 set points, a digital display and a 0-5V analog output which will connect direct to 1 of the 2 analog inputs on your easy. I have used one for over a year with no problems on an Easy.
The price is reasnable too!
Paul

I've sourced an ultrasonic sensor now. Is it possible for the Easy500 series to turn an output on every hour.

I've tryed using the 7-day timer in the software but this only lets me set 4 setpoints. Will require 24 for this.

I'm wanting to flush the tank every hour to prevent any residue settling inside the tank

Is it possible for the Easy500 series to turn an output on every hour.
Yes indeed. Probably the easiest to understand and change is using 2 EZ-Soft timing relays, one for Agitator Frequency (55 minutes), and a second timing relay for Agitator Duration (5 minutes), as shown in the attached picture.

DazJ Agitator Controls.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any user manual to parametering for EASY500?Because we have a EASY500 and want to change an output address in EASY500 ( without software).Is it possible?

Tulip,

Yes, there is a way using the Easy Intelligent Relay front panel controls. It can be done, but more difficult than using the software. You need to follow the instructions in the User Manual. Start on Page 63 (shown in attached picture).

You can get a free download copy of the software from the Moellar Eaton.com site:
http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...EasyProgrammableRelays/EASYSoftware/index.htm

You can also get the Moellar-Eaton Easy Programmable Relay software manual here:
http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...SY500700800IntelligentRelays/index.htm#tabs-2

Eaton EZ Relay- Create First Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
PS, Thank you for your help with regards to my timer issue, I'll try and find time to update the software and will let you know how I got on with it.

Dazj,

Thanks, glad to help. Is your tank flush time 5 seconds, or 5 minutes, or what? If you give me the exact details, I can fix the program to work and post a ZIPped copy of the *.e60 program here. That might save you some time.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie1 & DazJ for quick reply.Yes it has got LCD Display and Arrow Keys on the front.I must read user manual how can I change output address assignment.

Lancie1, my agitate time is 5seconds every 1hour. Also agitate when low level input has come off.

I'm using an ultrasonic sensor which turns an input on when a preset high level is set and a preset low level is set.

http://speedy.sh/Q5wMZ/EffluentDischarge.zip

Please find above zip file with my *.e60 file with current project. Could you check through this for me please and insert the hourly timer.

DazJ,

I have fixed your Agitator Output Q3 so that when M03 Agitator Enable is ON, the Agitator Frequency Timer T01 runs for 59 minutes and 55 seconds, then triggers Agitator Duration Timer T02, which runs for 5 seconds and turns on Q3 for 5 seconds, after which time T01 is reset and another cycle can start.

Now I see some questionable logic. In Rung 011, you use M03 to Set MO3 (a relay turning on itself). I think this is an error. If you could tell me the function of your Inputs I01, I02, I03, and I04 (are these your Ultrasonic level inputs?), I can probably come up with better rung logic. You mentioned a Tank High Level, and a Tank Low Level input, but what are the functions of other 2 inputs, perhaps Start and Stop? Which controls what? Knowing that, I can straighten it out for you.

What are Outputs Q01 and Q02? I assume that one is the Pump. What is the other? Q03 is the Agitator, correct?

Please see the below inputs and outputs

Inputs
I01 - E-Stop OK - E-Stop Not In
I02 - System ON - 2-Way Switch
I03 - Low Level - Input from Ultrasonic Sensor
I04 - High Level - Input from Ultrasonic Sensor
I05 - Stop Pump - Push Button
I06 - Manual Agitate - Push Button

I05 will stop the pump from running (like an interrupt)
I06 will start the agitator for 5 seconds.

Outputs
Q01 - System Ready/On LED - Green LED on panel
Q02 - Start Pump - Output to pump contactor
Q03 - Start Agitate - Output to agitate solenoid valve.

Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom