Sending Page to Dialup TAP Service from ControlLogix

sanger

I need to send alarm messages from a ControlLogix to a paging service that is accessed via a dialup modem service using the TAP protocol. We are trying to avoid introducing a PC into the equation.

My first instinct is to install a ProSoft serial card and code up the TAP protocol in the PLC (I've coded the TAP protocol before but never in PLC code) however I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

Does anyone know of any add-on modules or add-on instructions that implement the TAP protocol. Don't want to re-invent the wheel here.

Thanks.

Since posting I see that Rockwell has a Remote Access Paging Modem Kit (9300-RAPMKIT) that will send Pages via TAP. Need to evaluate this further.

Similar Topics

I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to send a null command down a comms port. But in the crimson software when i used /x00 it coming back "Cannot use null character is...
Replies
Views
I've been having some trouble figuring out how to get the ip address for the mail relay server, is it something that I need to create separately...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, We have Silo System which has temperature sensor and these sensor data will be communicating through RTU unit to the Dedicated PC...
Replies
Views
I've been trying to get this Ethernet module configured to send emails to our relay server but cannot get it to work. the EN2T is running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom