Time stamp or data log in STEP 7

spandy16

I have two sensors and their process data is constantly read on the HMI screen. Is there a possibility for time stamp at the desired interval or a possibility of saving a log file where all the readings from the sensor are recorded at a sampling interval (just like a .csv file)

Hi,

By means of using the following functions u can achieve ur time stamp concept

1) RTC set & read

2) Datalog Create, write function

Check the below link for sample code,

http://www.automation.siemens.com/W...ow.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=279240&Language=en

Still not successful then i will give u my sample code as i already did for time stamp recording

Regards,

Nelliyan.G

Sorry, I didn't mention that I'm using IM 151-8 PN/DP CPU which is based on S7-300 CPU and STEP 7 V11 TIA Portal.

So will it be possible to use these instructions?

How accurate must the timestamp be ?
If accurate to the millisecond, then you have to involve code in the PLC.
If accurate to the second, then just make a regular datalog in the HMI. The timestamp will be based on the PCs or Panels internal clock.

If accurate to the second, then just make a regular datalog in the HMI. The timestamp will be based on the PCs or Panels internal clock.
Thanks. Not needed to be so accurate to millisecond. But I doubt the availability of datalog function in the basic panel which I'm using along with WINCC Basic V11.

Can you tell me the general structure of code if I have to implement the data log function in the PLC code. It would be very helpful.